Best Local Summer Activities for You and Your Pet
We hope you have been having an awesome summer so far, with the many holidays, baseball games, backyard barbeques, and all of the other things that this season brings. But sometimes we know that our pets cannot participate in the same festivities that we enjoy, whether it is out of safety concerns, or simply because the unfair rules of “No pets allowed.”
No matter what the cause, it is important to have many amazing memories with your fur friends this summer, and all year long. That is why your friends at Dickinson Animal Hospital and Pet Wellness Center are here to announce some great activities for you and your pet in our area.
Outdoor Pet Friendly Dining
Dickinson, TX and the surrounding areas have some pretty amazing epicurean options for those who love dining experiences, and we are pleased to report that some of them are open to pets.
- Dickinson Bar-B-Que & Steakhouse – True to its theme, if you love a good steak and want to bring along your pawed pal, look no further than their outside dining area!
- Pho 20 – If your preference is more about spicy and fresh, check out this Asian restaurant with a Vietnamese flair, and a dog welcoming patio.
- Marina’s Mexican Restaurant and Bar – Marina’s is a traditional comfort for some tacos and cold brews. And, you can bring your Fido too!
- Porch Swing Pub – If you love the social aspect of the patio scene, look no further than Porch Swing, with their expansive patio and tasty food.
- Barnaby’s Cafe – If breakfast is more your speed, Barnaby’s has you and your furry friend covered with their spacious patio and delicious fare, including a wide array of breakfast items.
- Black Labrador Pub – On top of an incredibly dog-friendlyname, this authentic English pub is another Houston staple that offers outdoor seating for groups and furry friends, too.
Pet-Welcome Activities and Events
One of the benefits of living near a big city is the wide availability of activities for you and your pet.
- Rummy’s Beach Club – This unique facility offers you the chance to swim and frolic with your dog in a private, secure environment. A staff member is assigned to guide you and your pooch through a fun swimming experience in a heated, dog-friendly pool, and you can also enjoy a delightful one-acre dog park.
- Houston Arboretum – This 155 acre wildlife sanctuary is full of dog-friendly walking paths, just make sure your pal is leashed at all times.
- Miller Outdoor Theater – Located in Hermann park, this outdoor theater offers a wide variety of concerts for people and their pets to enjoy together.
- Frascone Winery – Wine lovers and dog owners can unite at this gorgeous craft winery that allows leashed dogs on their patio.
What are you and your dog up to this summer? We’d love to hear more about it! Let the staff at Dickinson Animal Hospital and Pet Wellness Center know the next time you are in to see us, or post pictures of your favorite dog-friendly activity to our social media.